Enhancing our members' ability to succeed in their rural and agriculturally related professions!
We will accomplish our mission by:
- Providing quality education in rural appraisal; farm management and consulting.
- Promoting high standards and ethics in our professions.
- Promoting awareness and confidence in the integrity, objectivity, competence and professionalism of our members.
- Developing and conducting fellowship opportunities to network and share information among our members.
The keys to meet the mission statement are chapter member involvement in our chapter by volunteer efforts through the committee structure and participation in chapter activities.
Some key ways for this to happen:
- Reading monthly chapter newsletter.
- Attending breakfast meetings – typically held every other month in Sioux Falls and Rapid City.
- Attending chapter education and special activities like the SDSU Network Event and continuing education in Chamberlain in January.
- Attending national meetings to broaden perspective and expand networking opportunities.
To support members in their pursuit of quality education, the chapter has established the Kjerstad Member Scholarship which helps defray the costs of attendance at ASFMRA meetings, qualifying education, and the achievement of accreditation.
The chapter has a strong relationship with the The Ness School of Management and Economics at South Dakota State University. This includes:
- Being an Industry Partner.
- Attend Network Event with other real estate professionals.
- Award Scholarship annually.
- Career Fair Participation.
- Speaking to students in classes and at FIRE (Finance, Insurance, Real Estate) Club meetings.
- Host Young Professional Network events.